- Acronym for the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, the sanctioning body for the NASCAR Nextel Cup, Craftsman Truck and Busch Series among others.
- Abbreviation of NASCAR's Busch Series.
- NEW SPACER
- Term used for a new engine because it fills the space between the chassis and transmission.
- NEXTEL Cup
- The world's premier stock car racing series sanctioned by NASCAR. Term also given to the trophy awarded to each season's Drivers' Champion beginning in 2004.
- Abbreviation of National Hot Rod Association
- Produced specifically as a fuel for drag racing, it is the result of a chemical reaction between nitric acid and propane.
- A fire- and heat-resistant material used to make driving suits, gloves, shoes, helmet liners, balaclavas and underwear. Divers wear four or five layers of Nomex, including long underwear for complete fire protection. When combined with fuel bladders that are resistant to breaking open in a crash, the risk of fire has been greatly reduced over the last 20 years. Much of this technology was developed for the military.