International Motorsports Roundup For Dec. 5
* Driving an M-Sport prepared Ford Fiesta Regional Rally Car, Nasser Al-Attiyah claimed his eighth FIA Middle East Rally Championship crown by dominating the final round of the season, the Dubai International Rally, alongside co-driver Giovanni Bernacchini. The Fiesta RRC monopolised the podium at the rain-plagued two-day Emirati event, as Al-Attiyah clinched his sixth successive Dubai victory by more than three-and-a-half minutes after winning 10 of the 12 speed tests. Competing in similar cars, Sheikh Abdullah Al-Qassimi/Steve Lancaster and Rashid Al-Ketbi/Khaled Al-Kendi finished second and third.
* Juho Hänninen will compete in an M-Sport prepared Ford Fiesta RS WRC in the opening two rounds of next year’s FIA World Rally Championship, Rallye Monte-Carlo in January and Rally Sweden in February. The 2010 IRC champion will be co-driven by the experienced Tomi Tuominen, and will test a Fiesta RS WRC for the first time later this month.
* Mauro Trentin/Alice de Marco won the Prealpi Master Show in Italy in a Ford Focus RS WRC.
* Maciek Solowow/Michal Baran piloted their Ford Fiesta RS WRC to second overall in the 50th edition of Rajd Barbórka in Poland.
* Timothy Cathcart/Barry McNulty finished first in class in a Ford Fiesta R2 in the Grizedale Stages Rally in the UK.