International Motorsports Roundup For Oct. 24
* Evgeny Novikov / Ilka Minor and Ott Tänak / Kuldar Sikk secured podium finishes for M-Sport Ford World Rally Team in Rally Italia Sardegna, after keeping their heads as rivals came unstuck. Both crews were behind the wheel of Fiesta RS World Rally Cars. The result equalled Novikov's best in the WRC, whilst for Tänak it was a debut rostrum. Following early misfortunes, Adapta World Rally Team’s Mads Østberg / Jonas Andersson battled back to claim fourth for the fifth time this year, despite a late puncture. Martin Prokop / Zdenĕk Hrůza overcame a host of problems to take eighth in the Czech Ford National Team car.
* Castrol Ford Team Türkiye secured the teams’ title in the Turkish Rally Championship and Yağiz Avci / Bahadir Gücenmez clinched second place in the drivers’ standings by finishing runners-up in their Fiesta S2000 in the final round, Yesil Bursa Ralisi. Fiesta R2 crews locked out the S6 class podium in the hands of Orhan Avcioglu / Burcin Korkmaz, Emre Yurdakul / Burak Erdener and Ferhat Tanribilir / Burak Kocoglu. There was also a Fiesta ST one-two in class S8 courtesy of Emir Kücüksari / Kutay Ertugrul and Burcu Burkut Erenkul / Basar Yavuz.
* Filip Nivette / Artur Natkaniec and Jerzy Tomaszczyk / Maciej Miklaszewski finished first and second in class in their Ford Fiesta R2s in Rajd Dolnoslaski in Poland.
* Aron Smith claimed his breakthrough British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) victory in the final meeting at Brands Hatch, with a dominant performance in his Motorbase Performance-prepared Redstone Racing Ford Focus from fourth on the grid in race two. The result helped secure the Irishman eighth in the points table at the end of his first season in the championship. Team-mate Mat Jackson was leading race three in the team's NGTC-spec Focus when he was forced out with a throttle issue.
* Will Davison / Mika Salo claimed victory for Trading Post FPR Ford in race two of the Armor All Gold Coast 600, round 13 of the Australian V8 Supercars Championship at Surfers Paradise. Davison qualified his Ford Falcon FG fastest for race one with Orrcon Steel FPR Ford rival Mark Winterbottom third in a similar car. The pair lapped second (Winterbottom) and sixth-quickest in the top 10 shoot-out, before Winterbottom and team-mate Will Power finished the race in third. The following day, Winterbottom / Power lined up second on the grid ahead of Davison / Salo in fourth, but the tables were turned in the race, as Davison / Salo sealed a narrow victory and Winterbottom / Power took third. Fellow Falcon FG contenders Tim Slade / David Brabham finished fourth for Lucky 7 Racing. Winterbottom and Davison sit second and fourth in the championship standings.
* John Rowlands / Llion Williams claimed B11 class victory in their Ford Escort Mk2 in the Cambrian Rally in Wales, the final round of the BTRDA Rally Series. Similar cars clinched the top two positions in class B12 in the hands of Matthew Robinson / Nigel Hutchinson and Will Onions / David Williams. Gwyn Thomas / Phill Harrison piloted their Ford Puma to second in class, ahead of Richard Ceen / Sarah Ceen in a Ford Focus RS WRC in third.